From our humble beginnings of transportable huts and gravel yards, our depot infrastructure has also had to expand to meet our growing needs, necessitating multiple depots to be established.
Currently operating out of two logistics depots in the Kewdale WA location these facilities provide us with:
- Internal storage
- External storage
- Cross docking breezeways
- Container park
- Multiple workshops to meet our ongoing maintenance needs
- Wash bays
Mid 2019 KTrans commenced its Karratha Operation with full time Manager and staff now based on site.
With a view on the future of our business, a new purpose designed and built logistics yard is being created at the newly opened Roe Hwy Logistics Park in Kenwick.
The expected plan is to relocate all Perth based depots to the 37,500m2 Kenwick site in February 2020 and direct access via internal gate to the planned Kenwick Intermodal Terminal to be open for operation by the end of 2020. This facility will provide us with state of the art technologies and open up new lines of services and business growth.
- Fully sprinklered multiple warehouses
- 1000m2 of breezeway enabling under cover cross docking of freight
- Large container park with company owned Konecrane Reachstacker and container handler on site
- Concrete hardstand across the whole site
- 1300 m2 of drive through workshop including fabrication bays, spray paint booth and a road train pit
- Fully automated road train capable wash bay featuring five stage water recycling and reclamation system
Facilities are being developed to open opportunities into supply base and inventory management services.